Monday, January 14, 2008

Young Jedi Knight

Judah & I watched Return of the Jedi last night. The Ewoks aren't so annoying when you watch it with a four year old. He loved them so much that I was able to forget that they were likely added to the movie by George Lucas for the obvious product endorsements that followed the theatrical release of the film.

Something I did not like about the DVD "re-release" version is that at the end of the film when the ghostly Jedis - Anakin, Yoda and Obi-Wan - are overseeing the Ewok village celebration, George Lucas replaced Sebastian Shaw, who played the old Anakin with Hayden Christiansen as the young Anakin, but here's my question....why is Obi-Wan still old (Alec Guinness)...why wouldn't there be a young Ewan McGregor? I'm just sayin'...

No comments: